We at GSBA are pleased to announce the newest award that recognizes innovative and “out of the box,” practices by governance teams and school districts. The GSBA Leading Edge Award seeks to highlight school districts who are leading the way in ensuring students are competitive in an ever-changing global market. The award is open to any school district in Georgia.
This unique achievement will recognize innovative design and implementation of projects and programs by local governance teams that are having a significant positive impact on student’s achievement and engagement. The applicants may select one of the 7 components of the Georgia Vision Project or the unofficial 8th component, Communications and Messaging, that aligns to their innovative practice.
Click here to learn more about the award and the 8th component.
The applicants must exemplify:
- promoting and advancing public education through integrated coordinated advocacy action,
- engaging partners to address critical issues, and
- providing needed services to support the local community.
Applicants should apply via survey using the link and criteria below:
Click this link for the application.
- All applications must include a description of no more than 750 words
- 3-5 artifacts via links supporting the description and
- 3-5 letters of district and/or community support which describes the impact of the program.
For more information on the GSBA Leading Edge Award click here.
The award will be rated and scored by a third-party committee outside of GSBA.