JUNE 24, 2021 – On Wednesday, June 23, 2021, representatives from school boards in Georgia met to approve the legislative positions of the association and to elect GSBA’s 2021-2022 officers. The complete list of approved legislative positions will be posted on GSBA’s website.
The officers of GSBA are the president, president-elect, vice president, treasurer immediate past president. Officers are elected at the Annual Business Meeting of the Delegate Assembly and assume office on July 1. The president-elect becomes president for the year succeeding election as president-elect.
Our new slate of officers for the one-year term are:
- Bryan Preston, Jr., Coffee County Schools Vice Chair, is the new GSBA President for our fiscal year that runs from July 1 – June 30, 2022.
- Shakila Henderson-Baker, Newton County Schools is the new President-Elect for July 1 – June 30, 2022.
- Coleman Landers, Walton County Schools Vice Chair, is the new Vice President for July 1 – June 30, 2022.
- Ron Hopkins, Jefferson City Schools, was nominated again for another 3-year term as GSBA Treasurer. (Our GSBA Treasurer is a 3-year term rather than one.)
- Pat Hugley-Green, Muscogee County Schools Board Chair, becomes the immediate past president for July 1 – June 30, 2022.
The GSBA Summer Conference occurred 2 weeks prior to the virtual Delegate Assembly as a hybrid event online and in Savannah at the Hyatt. GSBA offered 3 workshops to allow board members to receive training: Best Practices in Board Governance Workshop, Equity Workshop and the Policy Workshop. It was decided to hold the Delegate Assembly virtually to follow safety procedures and guidelines for the COVID-19 safety.
For more information on the Georgia School Boards Association and the services provided, please visit gsba.com. To find out more about the GSBA Board of Directors, please visit gsba.com/about-us/board-of-directors/