In partnership with the Georgia Vision Project’s Spark campaign; GSBA sponsors a student video contest for public high school students all over the state. This year’s theme was “Community Support: What does it look like?”
The GSBA Awards committee, who critiqued the videos on how well they addressed the topic, as well as the quality of the production and the creativity of the video, did the judging. The videos were all one minute or less. No professional assistance was provided to produce the video. The format of the video was left up to the students (commercial, news broadcast, music video, etc.) There were 35 videos submitted for the contest this year.
The Lead Student involved with the video and the sponsoring faculty member of the top three videos, along with their respective principal, are invited to attend the Awards luncheon at the /GSSA Annual Conference in Atlanta, December 7, 2018. (GSBA will not pay for travel expenses to the Award’s luncheon at the Renaissance Waverly.) The first place prize is $1000, second place is $500 and third place is $250. The prize money will go towards the school’s fine arts or video production program.
The top three videos and the two honorable mention videos, as determined by the judges, will be shown at various times during the 2018 GSBA /GSSA Annual Conference.
Congratulations to the following winners of the 2018 GSBA Student Video Contest:
- First Place: Loganville High School, Walton County Schools
- Lead Student: Pearlynn Rose David
- Sponsoring Faculty: Andrea Hobbs
- Second Place: North College & Career Academy, Carroll County Schools
- Lead Student: Kaelyn Williams
- Sponsoring Faculty: Ed Cook
- Third Place: Dade County High School, Dade County Schools
- Lead Student: Sydney Anderson
- Sponsoring Faculty: Josh Hurst
- Honorable Mention: Floyd College & Career Academy, Floyd County Schools
- Lead Student: Kylie Itson
- Sponsoring Faculty: Leah Lynn
- Honorable Mention: Roswell High School, Fulton County Schools
- Lead Student: Blaney Hudson
- Sponsoring Faculty: Lisa Funderburk