The Georgia School Boards Association is thrilled to announce the winners of this year’s Student Video Contest!
GSBA sponsors a student video contest for public high school students all over the state. This year’s theme was, “Show us a positive way to brighten a teacher or *staff member’s day! *Staff members include custodial, food service, administrative, bus drivers, counselors, school nurses, coaches, etc.”
The GSBA Awards committee, made of board of education members from all over Georgia, critiqued the videos on how well they addressed the topic, as well as the quality of the production and the creativity of the videos. The videos were all one minute or less. No professional assistance was provided to produce the video. The format of the video was left up to the students (commercial, news broadcast, music video, etc.) There were 48 verified videos submitted for the contest this year.
The top three videos will be shown during the Awards Session at the GSBA/GSSA Annual Conference on November 30, 2023. The first place prize is $1,000, second place is $500 and third place is $250. The prize money will go towards the high school’s fine arts or video production program. The top three videos, as determined by the judges, are as follows:
Congratulations to the following winners of the 2023 GSBA Student Video Contest:
- First Place: Make Every Second Count
- School: Loganville High School, Walton County School System
- Lead Student: Johana Lopez
- Sponsoring Faculty: Andrea Hobbs
- Second Place: Pupil Affirmation
- School: Morgan County High School, Morgan County Charter School System
- Lead Student: Miranda Straw
- Sponsoring Faculty: Jeff Corpening
- Third Place: BCHS’ Behind the Scenes Stars
- School: Burke County High School, Burke County Public Schools
- Lead Student: Maritza Rivera
- Sponsoring Faculty: Christina Hillis
We appreciate seeing all the creative videos from students around the state and all the hard work everyone put into their videos.