Thank you to all who participated in our Student Video Contest! The Awards committee met on November 1 to vote.
Because many of our south and middle Georgia counties were affected by Hurricane Michael, the Deadline was extended to Monday, October 22nd. We are looking forward to seeing the creative projects our Georgia High School public school students have done. For those schools who’ve already sent in your videos and forms, thank you so much and we truly are grateful.
In partnership with the Georgia Vision Project’s Spark campaign; GSBA sponsors a student video contest for public high school students all over the state. We are looking forward to viewing the high quality work of our public high school students.
Your entry could win money for your school’s digital/video program. Create a short video using the following theme:
“Community Support: What Does it Look Like”
- How can your community support your schools?
- How do you want your community involved in your schools?
- How does your community affect your education?
Eligibility: The contest is open to GSBA member district high schools.
Criteria: Videos will be judged on how well they address the topic, as well as the quality of the production and the creativity of the video.
The video should be between 30 seconds – 1 minute long. No professional assistance can be provided to produce the video. The format of the video is up to the students (commercial, news broadcast, music video, etc.)
Deadline is October 15, 2018 – Extended to 10/22/18
The online entry form, video upload and all paperwork must be received by 11:59 PM on October 15, 2018. – Extended to 10/22/18
- Only one video per school campus may be entered.
- A sponsoring faculty member must be designated.
- The online entry form should be submitted before the video.
- Students will submit their creations via an email or Google Drive.
- Reviewed legal documents and release forms should be signed, emailed or mailed or faxed to the Georgia School Boards Association Office by the deadline.
- Please make sure to include your school district and high school when submitting video and documents!!
Awards and Judging
- The top three videos and up to three honorable mention videos, as determined by the judges, will be shown during general sessions of the 2018 GSBA /GSSA Annual Conference.
- Up to 3 Students involved with the video and one sponsoring faculty member of the top three videos, along with their respective principal, will be invited to the association’s Awards luncheon on Friday, December 7, 2018. (GSBA will not pay for travel expenses to the Award’s luncheon at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel in Atlanta but lunch and reserved seating during the ceremony will be provided)
- First place ($1000), Second place ($500), and Third place ($250) winners will be announced during the ceremony and the prize money will go towards the school’s fine arts or video production program.
- Judging will be done by the GSBA Awards committee.
Documents, Forms, and Entry Procedures
Complete the 2018 GSBA Video Contest Entry Form and reviewed legal document and release forms. These items should be signed and emailed, mailed or faxed to the Georgia School Boards Association office by 11:59 p.m. on October 15, 2018. – Extended to 10/22/18 Only one video per school campus may be entered. A sponsoring faculty member must be designated, and the high school principal must sign the Student Video Contest Rules form found below. Only submitted videos that have the completed forms below will be considered for judging.
Online Contest Entry Form – submit before sending the video
Student video contest rules – signed by School Principal
Production talent release form – one for each student
How to Send Materials
Attach your video file to an e-mail and send it to email@example.com. Your file must be 20 MB or smaller to send by e-mail. You may also email us a YouTube link where we can download the video.
(You will need a Google account to use Google Drive. Quickly set up a Google account here.)
- Create a folder on your Google Drive. (Google Drive Tutorial)
- Copy your video and any other materials into the folder.
- Right-click the folder you have created and select “Share” from the menu
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org under “People” who “Can edit” and click “Done”
- GSBA will send a confirmation e-mail when we download your file(s)
Email, Mail or Fax
The documents for each entry must be signed and postdated or fax by 11:59 PM EDT on October 15, 2018 – Extended to 10/22/18 in order to be judged. Please include a cover sheet with your school district, sponsoring faculty member, and video title.
Scan and Email to:
Georgia School Boards Association
5120 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawrenceville, GA 30043