It is critical for boards to operate with up-to-date policy manuals. A 10-year-old policy manual will not include required policies that reflect current law and state board rules and regulations.
GSBA provides a menu of choices to assist you with this critical responsibility.
GSBA Policy Services
The policies established by local boards of education serve as the local school district’s management tool. In order that the board’s intent and direction are followed, it is best that each local board’s policies be identified, codified and kept centrally organized such as in a policy manual. Is your policy manual up-to-date? Do you know when your policy was last reviewed?Services available to school systems include:
- Policy Manual Revision – total revision for manuals more than five years old and an update for manuals GSBA has revised within five years
- Policy Maintenance Service – a yearly subscription that keeps you up-to-date on changing state policies and regulations affecting your manual, a monthly review of your board minutes, quarterly Policy Update Newsletters, consultation and content review of policies prior to their adoption.
- Enhanced Policy Maintenance Service – let GSBA save your district time, money and headaches by maintaining and uploading your policies online in the eBOARD Policy Module
- Policy Workshop – offered each June
Click here to download the policy services brochure.
GSBA offers various legal services, including:
- Seminars, such as the E. Freeman Leverett School Law Seminar held each December
- Administration of the Georgia Council of School Board Attorneys (GCSBA)
- eBOARDsolutions eLaw Module
To learn more about maintaining board policies online visit the eBoardsolutions website.