School Board U is your tool to manage all of your board development needs.
School Board U includes a standards resource center, a portal to our face-to-face training program, online training courses, and resources such as GSBA’s eBoardsmanship manual, a bookstore and information on the state’s training requirements. To view School Board U and all the training GSBA provides, click here.
The Georgia School Boards Association presents Communicating Education, an innovative online communication training for school leaders. Designed specifically for leading educators everywhere, whether a rookie or a veteran, these courses build your confidence, leading to greater performance. Learn the secrets of proactive media preparedness and much more on your own time at your own pace. Receive high quality personalized instruction to improve your skills in talking to media and constituencies.
The three courses, Media Talk, Power Behind the Podium and Social Media for Educators, are all state approved for board of education member training credit of 3 hours each through the GSBA website and School Board U, July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017.
Learn how to:
- Use media as a vehicle for leadership
- Become a louder voice for education
- Elevate your personal role and visibility
- Leverage media resources for good news
- Know how to respond to criticism
- Create memorable messages and quotes
- Boost your confidence and performance
- Build your brand and promote your schools
Click on “order now” for more information. Complete the online form to begin. Bundle to save!