The Georgia Board of Education developed state standards for governance that form the foundation for GSBA’s awards and recognition program. This program replaces GSBA’s Standards for Local Boards of Education and the Board of Distinction program.
2016 Board Recognition Program
GSBA’s Awards and Recognition program has three recognition levels.
The applications will run from July 1 through October 1, 2016. Recognition will be given in December 2016.
- Quality Board (Level I)
- Quality Board Process – 2016
- Quality Board Application – Closed
- Distinguished Board (Level II)
(Must have been a Quality Board the year prior to applying for this level.)
- Distinguished Board Process 2016
- Distinguished Board Application – Closed
- Exemplary Board (Level III)
(Must have been a Distinguished Board the year prior to applying for this level.)
- Exemplary Board Process 2016
- Exemplary Board Application – Closed
Click here for a document explaining the levels and criteria, as well as the implementation cycle. GSBA will continue the regular cycle for the Beacon Awards, Partnership Commendations and Service Awards.